Sunday, February 17, 2013

A whole new wooooooorrrrrlllllddddd!!!

Hi, yall, I'm Donner!  I used to be called Bokeem when I was a speedy runner, but those days are FAR, FAR behind me!  Now I'm gettin' comfy on these huge doggie beds my Foster Mom (FoMa) has for my Foster Brother, Phil.


I got the name Donner because I left the race track around Christmas time with 11 other racers that were retiring and we all got reindeer names!  How cool is that?!?!  I think my forever family should definitely hook me up with some reindeer antlers (if they celebrate Christmas, that is).  I'm down for any kinds of celebrations where I get extra treats....  (hint, hint!)

I arrived in MD and got to come home with FoMa.  I already showed the picture of me riding home.  Phil's got a pretty sweet setup for me, but FoMa says that my forever family will spoil me even more than Phil gets spoiled.  Actually, she promised.

My first day in a home I learned so much!  There are so many new smells!  So much to investigate!




FoMa says I'm doing really good.  She says I'm fully housebroken, crate trained (of course!), I get along well with other Greyhounds, I get along well with new people, I looooove pettin's, treats, dinner time, breakfast time, any time with food, naps, stealing Phil's beds, givin' FoMa (and FoDad) all my loves as often as possible....

FoDad supervising food times.

I'm a talker, so if you pretend to be one of my kind, I'll sing right along with you.
I'm a quick learner, FoMa doesn't like it when I'm in the kitchen with her, and I've grasped the concept of "OUT!" but sometimes, I like to be a show-off and instead of backing out, I just walk through the kitchen to listen to her grumble.  FoMa's pretty easy to rile up because she's very stringent on the rules.
I'd snuggle with you on the couch if you let me!  FoMa doesn't allow that, but I've definitely tried to get up and snuggle her on the couch.  I snuggled with FoDad on the floor, it's cool.

Most of all, I'm officially a retired racing Greyhound.  I'm best at napping.  All.day.long.  In all the ways.

Will you give me my forever home?!?!  Please, please?  I have soooo much love to give you.  I could melt butter with my big, beautiful, brown eyes and my grey face makes me look sooooo much smarter than that other pups that are my age!  Pretttttyyy please?  With a cherry on top?!?!?


Go to Greyt Expectations Greyhound Rescue page to get more information and fill out your application!  I need to be on your couch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment